This formal document is required by new GDPR regulations, and sets out how we might use your data and how you can manage that. We have no wish to use your data in any way other than you would wish, but only to inform you and manage your bookings effectively. We have no plans to do any major marketing campaign, but would like the opportunity you make you aware of special offers and changes to the property. But the choice is yours !
Stoats holiday home is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Stoats holiday home may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 26 May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and title
- contact information including email address and/or phone number
- necessary information to make a holiday booking such as address, names and age bands of guests and special requests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emailsabout relevant new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- We will never share your information with any third party other than providers of the payment or reservation sysytems we use as these are essential for providing the service of holiday accommodation letting.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We keep what we are required by law to do for regulatory purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure,we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages of our website are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website so that its content is as relevant and useful as possible for our customers. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest, such as local events and places to visit. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email address]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting only if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to [address].
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to Stoats, 12 Waverley Road, St Albans AL3 5PA or email at email@example.com as soon as you are aware. We will correct any information found to be incorrect as soon as possible.